My goal as a teacher is to help my students achieve a good, consistent shot. The student must be committed to improve their game and take the necessary steps to get there. It is not an easy process, but with time and commitment anyone can learn. To me being a good coach means, “…taking it to the course with confidence.” And you can too!
~ Ted Sheftic
Honors & Awards Ted played on the South American, Mexican and PGA Tour. He has won over 50 tournaments in his career. In 1987, 1994 and 2000 Ted was recognized as Teacher of the Year for the Philadelphia Section PGA. He won the Horton Smith Award during the 1999 season and was selected Professional of the Year for the Central Counties Section of the PGA in 1987. Ted was just recently ranked number one teacher in the state of Pennsylvania by Golf Digest in the August issue. He has golfers from all over the country coming to him for lessons including a number of lady professionals from the LPGA Tour and several top men and women amateur golfers. Ted has a natural easy way of communicating and many excellent drills to help golfers of all levels.
Ted’s Sheftic’s Teaching Credentials/Awards
- Co–Founder Pace-Sheftic Golf Schools – 1990 to present
- Frequent Lecturer at PGA teaching Workshops – 1984 to present
- Philadelphia PGA Section Teacher of the Year Award 1987–1994 – 2000 - 2013
- Central Counties PGA Professional of the Year Award – 1987
- Selected to National Teaching Committee 1994
- Nominated for National Teacher of the Year Award 1987–1994
- Philadelphia Section Horton Smith Award 1999
- Selected #1 Teacher in PA by Golf Digest 2000 – to present
- Selected to Golf Magazine Top 100 Teachers 2003 to present
- Finalist for PGA National Teacher of the Year 2014
- Finalist for PGA National Teacher of the year 2016
- Elected to Philadelphia Section PGA Hall of Fame 2016
Most Outstanding Student
My most outstanding student was Jenny Chuasiriporn. Coaching Jenny since age 1 has been very rewarding for me.
Jenny's Tournament Record
- Runner up 1998 US Woman's open
- Runner up 1998 US Amateur
- Three time AJGA Rolex All – American 1993 – 1994 – 1995
- Collegiate player of the year 1998
- Won Harder Hall
- Won Eastern Amateur 1998
The decision to take a lesson is based on credibility and expected accomplishment. These factors are dependent upon the quality of instruction and the qualification of the instructor Through 40 years of experience, Ted's swing concepts allows you to develop a sound fundamental swing. Ted's teaching philosophy along with his mental training will give you the confidence to go to the next level. Let me help you develop a program that's right for you.
Click Here to Visit the Ted Sheftic Learning Center's Website!